Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Not all items are available at
every Valentino's. For the store menu nearest you, please click here.
$2 OFF a Large Pizza
Sign up for VALue Mail Now .
Valentino's Then and now
- 1957 – Val and Zena Weiler open Valentino's at 35th and Holdrege streets.
- 1965 – Dining room expands.
- 1972 – Tony and Ron Messineo purchase Valentino's.
- 1973 – Mike Alesio joins Valentino's
- 1974 – Second location opens at 70th and Van Dorn streets.
- 1975 – First franchise opens in Topeka, Kansas.
- 1976 – First Omaha location opens at 132nd Street and West Center Road.
- 1979 – Introduces limited buffet at 35th and Holdrege and 70th and Van Dorn locations.
- 1982 – Begins Piece of the Pie, its pizza-by-the-slice operation at East Park Plaza; expands to 45 units before selling in 1985.
- 1985 – Expands buffet for lunch and dinner.
- 1989 – Introduces Sunday brunch buffet.
- 1990 – Opens first To Go takeout and delivery store at 33rd and A streets.
- 1992 – Introduces pizza-pasta-salad Express Lunch.
- 1994 – Became Official Pizza of the Huskers and starts selling pizza by the slice at Memorial Stadium
- 1999 – Creates Premier catering and becomes official caterer for UNL athletics
- 2000 –Opens first Grand Italian Buffet (400 seats, 12 buffet stations) at 108th and Qst in Omaha, NE.
- 2001 – Creates Premier Catering.
- 2002 – Becomes official pizza and caterer for Universty of Nebraska Lincoln athletics.
- 2007 – Opens first Super To Go, a carry-out, delivery, dining room and drivethrough on West O Street.
- 2014 – Relocates Original Valentino’s on 35th and Holdrege to new facility on same property
2601 South 70th
Lincoln, NE 68506
Receive Val’s VALUES directly in your inbox.